Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So

I am going to rant for a little bit and let everyone know how happy I am at the same time! Adam and I were married in January and joined two families together, thats alot of work right. Well adding to that was two JERKY ex's. We both have Winner's when it comes to our ex's, I mean REAL WINNER'S, if anyone knows my ex you can only imagine the wonderful qualities that Adam's ex possesses. Anyway, enough of my evilness. The day we got married his ex decided that she all of the sudden wanted to be a part of the kids lives again and was VERY upset that Adam had married me, I mean I am a MORMON!!!!! Well she decided that she was going to try and get back at Adam and I by filing for sole custody of the kids and saying just really mean untrue things, she is a HUGE liar, that is one of her better qualities :). Our marriage has been full of court battles and alot of fear and heartache. We had the custody battle back in April and Adam kept his custodial rights as the primary parent but she did get more parenting time.

Well, this woman is ALL about the money and was SO excited that she got more parenting time that she asked the judge at the end "So this means my child support is going down right, you can do that right now right?" The judge looked at her with somewhat of a scowl and said um no, you need to reevaluate that separately. Well what do you think happened? She went down the next day and filed to reevaluate child support. In the mean time she stopped paying her child support in hopes that it was going to go down so low. She was expecting it to be $191.00 for THREE children!!!! Ridiculous, I know. Well we got the paperwork and both of us just cried that we were going to have to go to court again, we told her not to file, that she would end up owing way more than she paid now. Did she listen? No, of course not. She KNEW her child support would go down, she is just so smart you know. I mean woman, My father is an attorney, I went through the divorce from you know where and came out shining, I know what I am doing and after her actions in the prior months I was ready to fight to the DEATH! BWAHAHAHAHA, that is my evil laugh :). Well my dad had a wonderful attorney to help us and I spent hours getting all of the paperwork ready. We went to court yesterday and she lost, badly. By the end she was pleading with the judge to keep her child support the same. She has to pay $100 more a month and basically ran out of the court room with her tail between her legs. Now those of you who know me know that I am a nice and loving person. Well this woman has caused me and my brand new family alot of grief and heartache and I am being mean for a day and celebrating her defeat!

4 comments:

Gwen said...

WA-HOO! I'm so happy for you. You needed something to go right!

Jen B said...

The GOODNEWS for sure! Hang in there Als - the Lord DOES love you and He DOES answer prayers! THanks for making my day with your story! BIG GRIN!

Blake and Martha said...

So I like to read stories like this. They make me feel like I am not the only one in this world who has a bratty side...Ok so I am ALL brat >:) BUT that is so great for you!!! Just stick to your guns and things will come out right. Love you Alyssa!!!

The Ferrins said...

Good for you!! Yay!