Thursday, August 19, 2010

Adam's Baptism

I dont know how many people know but my Adam was not a member of the church. He actually was raised a non denominational Christian and his parents are both Christian Pastors. Adam made the decision to marry me and his family has turned their backs on him due to this. After a long last couple of years my sweet husband was baptised last night. I am so proud of him for so many reasons. A year ago he started to take the discussions and things were just not right. I have not pressured him at all to join the church and have encouraged him to take things at his own pace. This past spring he called the missionaries and asked them to continue the discussions with him. He has been so faithful and would take different church doctrine to work with him and read during his breaks and his lunches. He would come home and I would find him sitting at the table with a book in front of him and a pencil so he could mark things he had questions about. It was a process for him to get baptised because his current work schedule has him working weekends but after ALOT of prayer and determination he was cleared to be baptised.

Adam has been such a wonderful example to me and to alot of people around him. He is such a wonderful person and I know that this was not easy for him to do. Being baptised into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints probably means that any hope of a relationship with his earthly family(parents and siblings) will be no more. There is so much hope now for our family and progressing towards an eternal family. In a year we will be able to be sealed together for time and all eternity. I am so grateful to my wonderful family that has loved Adam and cheered him and our family on through all of our trials. I am especially thankful to my father who has taken so much of his precious time and poured it into Adam's spiritual education. He has answered every question that Adam has had and given him so much. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father who knows me and Adam. He has blessed us in so many ways. I am grateful to him for giving my husband the faith to be baptised. Having Adam baptised before our baby girl is born was so important to me. We have so much to look forward to.






Our Family, be kind!!! I am 37 weeks prego and I am SOOOOOOO SWOLLEN!!!!

Adam and our Bishop.


Adam and my brother Sterling who confirmed him a member.

Adam and my dad before the baptism

5 comments:

The Ferrins said...

Alyssa, I don't know if you knew but I actually joined the church in 2006 and I think we worked together in 2004 & 2005. I totally understand what Adam is facing with his parents and will probably face in the future. My mother was less than thrilled. But on the brighter side of things, joining the church has been a tremendous blessing in my life and my husbands family has been wonderful in stepping in when my family wouldn't. But I can assure you that the Lord has a way of making things "ok" but like anything it takes time. And you are absolutely right the most important thing now is moving towards an eternal family. And just for the record it's people like you who are great examples to people like me who later on join the church. Your dad was actually my stake president at one point (after I was married) and he really is an amazing man. Adam has a great support system, it always makes the journey easier. Congrats on the new baby and a new chapter in yours and Adam's life!!

Zach said...

Congrats to Adam! Glad to see and hear that you're both doing so well!

Cara said...

Oh I wish I was able to attend! Darn it! I am so glad that it happened! I love you and Adam so much! You deserve this Lyss!!!

Oh and my blogs are as follows:

www.accordingtocara.blogspot.com
www.diariesofanexhousewife.blogspot.com

Jen B said...

What a beautiful testimony to post and share! It's so rewarding to see you find blessings thru your trials, one step at a time! You are an incredible woman and your family will always be blessed for your faithful desires! Love you!

Michelle McClure said...

Must be an emotional day for me cuz I was getting misty reading this! What a wonderful thing to stumble across!

I am so happy for you and Adam!
What a tremendous blessing for your family! Congrats!

Oh and your cankles look painful! Hopefully she comes soon!